Wolf Pack Wednesday: Student Government Association
Subject line: Meet Your Student Government ?
Sent: September 15, 2021
Ranked #20 in the country by The Princeton Review, Loyola’s Student Government Association (SGA) is deeply involved in matters affecting our campus community. From racial equity issues to sustainability measures to community service, your SGA is here for you on the topics that matter.
Loyola’s SGA promises to:
- Promote student welfare
- Establish an effective and representative student leadership body
- Exchange transparent ideas between students and the administration
- Advocate for student interest and needs
- Encourage students to be educated on important issues that impact our university
- Assume our position in SGA with the fullest power and responsibility to lead a trustworthy self-government
The SGA also plays a big role in campus fun, hosting signature events through the University Programming Board like Wolf Pack Wednesday, which gives students the chance to show their Loyola pride. Weekly giveaways are offered on the front porch of the Danna Student Center to those wearing maroon, gold, or Loyola gear!
Meet Your Executive Cabinet
First Year Council
FYC is a program developed by the Student Government Association to help first-year members of our community engage their leadership potential on campus. Through learning the ins and outs of SGA, attending mentoring opportunities, planning a campus wide event, and assisting in campus-wide initiatives, FYC is a great first step into the leadership opportunities that Loyola has to offer. Questions about FYC, or missed the deadline? Email Chief of Staff Robert Morrison for further information.
So What’s the Breakdown?
Here is the Breakdown of SGA and what FYC will learn about:
- Speaker of the Senate
- Senators at Large
- Finance Committee
- University Programming Board
- UPB Executive Board (Lagniappe, Wolf Pack Wednesday, Third Friday, Education, and Marketing Coordinators)
- Communications Committee
- Social Media Managers
- Court of Review
- Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Committee
- Homecoming Committee
Connect with the SGA
Wanna know more or have other questions feel free to reach us at any of our social media handles or email us! Be sure to be on the lookout for our monthly newsletters and our website launch soon!