Wolf Pack Wednesday: Our Jesuit Values
Subject line: Guided By Our Jesuit Values
Sent: May 25, 2022
Now that you’re part of the Pack, we want to know: what drives you to be your best? At Loyola, our Jesuit identity helps us to challenge our assumptions, reflect on our actions, and pursue something more—something greater than ourselves. The Jesuits call that magis, Latin for “more.” Get to know a few of the Jesuit values at the core of our community.
Linking Faith with Justice
Our faith connects us to our calling to make the world more just and fair for everyone. We act in service to others and take time to reflect thoughtfully on ourselves, our community, and our world. You will too, starting from day one of your Loyola journey.
- Develop the skills to make decisions guided by ethical reasoning and critical analysis through our Loyola Core curriculum and First-Year Experience.
- Advocate for a cause you care about through the Loyola Community Action Program (LUCAP), an initiative organized and led entirely by students.
Educating the Whole Person
It’s our mission to help you find your passion and realize your full potential to make a lasting impact on our world. We will develop more than just your mind; we’ll give you tools to grow your heart, body, and spirit, too.
- Find your spiritual home through our Interfaith Ministries, designed to serve the needs of diverse faith traditions and backgrounds.
- Deepen your connections to other students and reflect on your faith through ministry retreats held throughout the year.
Learning From Experience
Through Student Life and Ministry, you’ll have many opportunities to live your faith through action. By connecting your coursework to the community around you, you’ll develop skills that will help you in all aspects of your life.
- Take a service learning course to engage with your local community and examine how your studies relate to real issues in our world.
- Choose from 130+ student organizations that align with your interests—or start your own.