College of Music and Media Applicants
The College of Music and Media is home to over 20 unique majors and degree programs within the arts, advertising, and entertainment industries. Explore the College of Music and Media website to choose which program is best for you!
How to Apply
In order to satisfy the major-specific requirements for admission to the College of Music and Media, please follow these steps:
- Complete an application to Loyola New Orleans using the Common Application or the Loyola Application.
- Log in to your Application Status Page. Once either application is submitted, you will receive an email with a link to login to your Loyola Application Status Page. This portal will allow you to complete the specific application requirements for your degree. i.e., register for an audition, upload a digital short film, submit a video audition, upload a creative portfolio, etc.
- Once you submit your application and complete your major-specific requirements, you will receive one Loyola admission decision from the university to the degree program you have chosen.
Graduate Applicants: Masters of Music Performance and Masters of Music Therapy applicants must complete an audition per the repertoire requirements for your voice type or primary instrument listed below, and also fill out our Graduate Programs Application.
Major-Specific Admission Requirements
School of Music & Theatre Arts
School of Music
Share your music background with us: School of Music Interest form
Department of Theatre Arts & Dance
School of Music Industry
*formerly known as Urban and Electronic Music Production
|Portfolio Submission Required:||
School of Communication & Design
Department of Digital Filmmaking
|Portfolio submission (optional):||
Department of Design
|No Portfolio Requirement:||
Department of Mass Communications
2021-22 Deadlines and Auditions
November 15 - Early Action Deadline
- CMM students who wish to be given priority for admission decisions and financial aid packaging must complete the application, submit the required high school documents, and either register for an in person or virtual audition/interview by December 5, or submit the required portfolio in their admissions portal by December 1.
February 15 - Director’s Award Application/Audition Deadline
- Students who wish to audition for the School of Music’s full tuition scholarship must apply to the university and complete the audition process on or before February 15, 2022.
- Audition / Interview Dates
- Saturday, December 4, 2021
- Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Saturday, February 5, 2022
- You can register for your audition/interview through your Loyola Application Portal. You receive access to this portal 24 hours after submitting an application.
Transfer students interested in applying to the CMM will have deadlines according to their prospective major
- Contact Jamie Blanch, Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org for your specific deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
March 15, 2022 is the deadline to complete the CMM application process.
All CMM applicants are encouraged to attend one of our on-campus audition/interview events to meet faculty, tour the facilities, and have an in person experience. However, the faculty will evaluate video auditions and phone interviews with equal consideration.
Once you submit your application, complete your audition, or interview, or portfolio, and turn in all high school materials, you will receive one Loyola admissions decision from the university and to your degree program. Depending on your degree program, most students can expect to receive a decision within two weeks of completing the application process.
Loyola New Orleans evaluates all CMM applicants for academic merit as well as musical and artistic achievement. Departmental faculty will review your major-specific application requirements, i.e. audition, portfolio, digital short, etc., and the admissions team will review your academic profile.
Some students are strong candidates for both academic merit scholarships and talent scholarships. If you are eligible, you will receive the higher award for which you qualify. Loyola New Orleans will not stack talent and merit scholarships. If you are accepted to Loyola and the major you applied for, the decision letter will include a scholarship offer amount.
All on-campus auditions and interviews are scheduled through the student’s Loyola Application Portal. After the student has submitted an application to Loyola, an email is sent within 24 hours, which includes instructions on how to login and register to your portal.
All supplemental audition/portfolio materials (resume, portfolio, audition videos, resumes, etc.) are submitted via the students Loyola Application Portal. After the student has submitted an application to Loyola, an email is sent within 24 hours, which includes instructions on how to login, and upload files directly to the application.
Applicants who attend an on-campus audition/interview day will receive a time slot that morning upon check-in.
Congratulations! You've been accepted to Loyola New Orleans and have qualified for a combined merit/talent scholarship. Your scholarships are included in your decision letter. Be sure to submit a FAFSA application to Loyola New Orleans, so that you will be considered for institutional and federal aid. Without a FAFSA application, the Office of Financial Aid cannot package an award letter. Official financial aid packages are delivered as early as February 2022.