University Honors Program
Scholars for Justice in the Heart of New Orleans
Our honors program is not just a checklist of experience, it is a community of relationships.
Drawing on our Jesuit identity, the interdisciplinary honors curriculum encourages both critical thinking about the great questions of the past, and engagement with the essential challenges of the present and future.
As a community, we seek to pursue truth, wisdom and virtue, preparing students—whatever their career paths or vocations—to lead meaningful lives for and with others, and to work for a more just world.
As an honors student, you'll work closely with outstanding faculty, receive personalized advising, and live with a remarkable cohort of students. You will have the opportunity to engage in collaborative research, scholarship and creative activity, participate in specialized community service and internship opportunities, and study abroad. Learn more about our curriculum.
Interested in applying?
It is our mission to provide you with an enriching academic environment that fosters a strong sense of community and challenges you to utilize your gifts to become men and women for and with others. The Honors Program is open to incoming first year, transfer, and currently enrolled students of all majors. If you're interested in applying, take a look through our requirements and application, and apply today.
- Incoming First Year Student
- Open to all admitted students of all majors with a GPA of 3.75 of higher
- December 1st priority application deadline. February 15th regular decision deadline.
- Students who meet the minimum GPA requirement are invited to apply to the Honors Program. The application can be found in your admissions portal once you have submitted your admissions application.
- Students must have a completed admissions application by the December 1st deadline in addition to having submitted the Honors Program application.
- Students must maintain a GPA of 3.3 while a student at Loyola
- For more information about the Honors program and the application please contact your specific admissions counselor.
- Transfer Students
- Must have a GPA of 3.3 or higher from their current institution.
- Students must maintain a GPA of 3.3 while a student at Loyola.
- Students that have been admitted into the university and meet the above requirement are eligible to apply. Transfer students who are interested in participating in the Honors Program must apply by the April 1, 2023 deadline. The application can be found in your admissions portal.
- For more information about the Honors Program, please contact Jamie Blanch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Currently Enrolled Students
- Must have a GPA of 3.3 or higher to be considered for the honors program at Loyola.
- Please contact Dr. Jonathan Peterson at email@example.com if you wish to join the Honors program as a current student of Loyola.
Connect with us.